At Wicklow Wolf, our mission is to create exceptional beers, brewed in a sustainable way.
Wicklow Wolf was established in 2014 with a strong ethos rooted in Wicklow, the environment and the world we live in. We want to honour the land and give back. As the native American proverb goes “We do not inherit the land from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children”.
Sustainability is at the core of everything we do. It influences how we brew, package and advertise our beers. From growing our own hops to installing state of the art systems in the brewery, we are doing all we can do reduce our footprint on the land around us.
As part of our commitment to sustainability, we have broken down our plan into four key pillar’s of sustainability: Emissions, Energy, Waste & Water.
- 100% renewable electricity and gas
- State of the art brewhouse
- Heat energy recovery system – saves the same energy per year as 1.7 million cups of tea
- Lighting Motion sensors throughout the brewery.
- Implementing procedures and systems to reduce our Carbon Footprint
- Target to be Carbon Neutral by 2023
- Planting more trees at the brewery and our own hop farm – 2,500 Native Irish Trees planted so far.
- Spent ingredients (Hops, Yeast, Grain) – back into food system and to Anaerobic Digestion to be turned into green gas
- Repak Member
- Moved from bottles to cans
- Reducing waste across entire company.
- State of the art systems installed to reduce water usage across production
- Constantly monitoring water usage per hectolitre produced and methods to reduce.
Repak and Origin Green
We are proud members of Repak and Origin Green as part of our commitment to reducing waste and running our business in a sustainable way.